Parent participation is critical to the child’s success. We believe that parents are an integral part of the treatment team. All of our services involve parent participation.
Parent education services are designed to work specifically with parents to support them in decreasing their child’s interfering behaviors and increasing their functional skills to result in the child’s ultimate success. Clinical Supervisors work directly with parents and teach parents the basics of behavior intervention, how to deal with behaviors proactively and reactively and how to teach their child new skills.
Parents will learn:
- How to determine the cause or function of a behavior
- Identifying factors leading to the behavior
- Proactive behavior interventions
- Reactive behavior interventions
- How to teach new skills using behavioral strategies
- How to help their child generalize what they have learned